The Powerball jackpot is now $310 million. Now that is what I call life-changing! Forget a little slot machine in Las Vegas or a scratch off. $310 million, even in a lump sum with taxes removed, would make a huge difference in most people’s lives. I know it would for me.
I have purchased three tickets for Saturday’s drawing. That is a total investment of $6, since the tickets recently went up from $1 to $2 apiece. However, I also bought tickets for the last two drawings, so I’m actually really up to $18 (not to mention the two $5 scratch-offs that I bought impulsively and won nothing on).
Here is what I will do if I win the Powerball:
1. Put away more than enough money for my children’s educations immediately,
2. Put money aside for my children for after their schooling is finished,
3. Buy a house in Del Ray Beach,
4. Buy a new apartment downtown with a bigger third bedroom and an extra den/t.v. room for my lovely husband. Must have great views, outdoor space, and a gym,
5. Get a Jaguar convertible to go with our new house in Del Ray Beach,
6. Up my sessions with my trainer to 3 times a week,
7. Go for plastic surgery,
8. Get a puppy (along with a dog walker and a trainer),
9. Hire a caterer and servers/cleaners whenever we have people over,
10. Take everybody shopping,
11. Do much more charity work and give more money away to people who really need it.
Remember, you have to be in it to win it. I don’t buy that stuff that nobody ever wins from Soho, or from a decent background, or any of that. The odds are the same for everybody. You still have time!