It is almost the end of another year. It is hard to believe that 9/11 happened over ten years ago, changing the lives of so many, including my family.
Time flies by, especially as we age. We have to enjoy every day because it could be our last. Life is only what we make of it.
Today I would like to state some reasons that I am grateful. Here goes:
1. I am grateful for the yoga class that Elizabeth Rossa just taught me and eight others. She is a beautiful person, inside and out, and practicing with and knowing her has been a complete and total gift for me.
2. I am grateful that I woke up this morning. There is always that possibility that we will fall asleep never to wake again, and I am relieved and thankful every time I open my eyes to a new day.
3. My family. My wonderful daughter and son, my gorgeous and loving husband, my wise and beautiful father, my two brothers, and all of the closely related… the spouses, in-laws, siblings, aunts and uncles, even those who are not “truly” blood, including Carol and Aunt Joanne.
4. Health. We are all so lucky. Don’t take things for granted because they could change at any time. Revel in your body and your abilities.
5. My trainer Friday. He is the nicest man ever born and the best trainer in town. Working out with him (and now watching him suffer in yoga with me) has added a new dimension to my body and my fitness routine.
6. My friends. Some of you have spanned over thirty years in my life. I am blessed and grateful to have you in my life. For any of you who have moved away, either physically or emotionally, I welcome you back into my life in the coming year. Friendships are too rare and special to take for granted or to give up too easily.
7. My dog Grandpa, the dappled dachshund. Grandpa, you may be a bit overweight right now, but we’re working on it. Some more downward dogs would go a long way I think. Namaste Grandpa. I love napping and sleeping with you every day. You are the sweetest dog I have ever known.
8. The sun. I don’t think I would want to live in a world without one. It feels warm and lovely on my body and makes things grow. I wish we could see some more of it. I will also include the beach and the sand here, and the warm oceans around the world.
That’s it for today. I am happy that I will be able to spend time with my dad over the holidays.